May 29, 2011

One Week to Race Day

It's exactly seven days until the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon, which I chose as my Running With Ryan half marathon. This has been a decent week for my training, and now I start tapering off to be ready. I got in a little over 16 miles total in running to go along with a couple of days at the gym. I'm on a four-day weekend, including hosting a grill out session on Saturday (smoked two pork shoulders and some bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos). The first two days didn't include any running even though they were intended to. I did get in almost six miles today. Running Activity 5.91 mi | RunKeeper I'm ready to have some nice short runs this coming week and will probably have some other activities mixed in (tennis, hiking, etc.).

I'm a little nervous about the race, but I'm also extremely excited to do it. Physically, I'm ready. I know the tough part will be the mental push to finish the full 13.2 miles. Judging from my previous races the adrenalin will be high to start, so I'll need to keep that in check so I have some left in the tank for the last few miles. I know Ryan will be with me for the whole thing, so that will help push through any tough stretches I hit.

I made a donation to Molly Bears in honor of running this race with Ryan. It's a great cause, and I know the Ryan Bear has meant a lot to Whitney, Rob and Natalie. It's awesome knowing that my donation will mean that much to another family going through that pain. If you can, please make a donation to Molly Bears and help a grieving family. If you can make it in honor of Ryan that would mean a lot to our family as well.

Love You Angel Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment