June 20, 2011

Finished... Now Back To It

It's been a couple of months since I ran the Rock 'n' Roll half marathon and a little longer than that since I've written an entry for the blog. It seems every time I sit down to write about it the words just aren't there. It was such an amazing experience that I can't find the words to accurately describe how it felt to run that race with Ryan. She was with me the entire distance and definitely motivated me through the tough stretches.

Waiting in the corral for the race to begin.

It ended up being a warm and sunny race morning. There were so many runners that it made for a slow and crowded start. I was able to pick up my pace as the miles went along and my race splits started approaching my training times. In the end I finished at 2 hours, 7 minutes and 25 seconds. It was short of my goal, but I am content with it for my first half marathon, especially considering the slow start. Another person using a GPS watch said she actually ran 15 miles due to the zig-zagging around people, so maybe that also played a part.

My half marathon medal; pretty cool.

Ginger and me post race. Well done us!

Since the race I haven't been doing the full-on training for another half marathon, but I have continued running among other physical activities. I did run a 5K with the gym at work on my birthday. I finished in the top 10 with a time of 22 minutes and 59 seconds. I couldn't believe that pace after I finished. Crazy fast for me.

Me and other from the Sony running club after the 5K.


The training will start back up in earnest soon. I've signed up for another half marathon. I'm really excited about this one. I've been looking at it as a possibility for at least 7 months. I'll be running the Big Sur Half Marathon on November 20, 2011. That is three days before Ryan's 1st birthday, so that adds more meaning to it. I can't wait to give her this birthday gift. The course looks absolutely amazing as it winds along the cliffs of Monteray Bay in Northern California. Once again, I'm asking you to make any donations you can to the charities Whitney has chosen for Running With Ryan. Even better if you would like to participate in a race yourself, please buy a RwR t-shirt to wear and help raise money too.

Thanks everyone for your support leading up to the last race and for all the support I know will be coming for the next one. It means so much.

Love you Angel Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment